The Next Chapter
Starfish Family Resources Society is proud to offer The Next Chapter: Rebuilding After Divorce. This program is an eight week psycho-educational support group for parents and caregivers who have experienced separation or divorce. Parents will reflect on their own experiences of separation and divorce, and process how their individual experience might be impacting them. Parents will begin to consider different ways to cope with their life change in ways that support their own health and well-being, as well as their children’s developmental needs.
Who Can Attend?
Any parent who has experienced a divorce or separation. While this program can be beneficial for both partners, we suggest that former partners do not attend in the same group cohort to allow for individual experience and growth. Due to the online delivery, access to a computer with reliable internet and video/audio capabilities is a requirement of this program.
What will you learn?
- How to explore your own losses emerging from separation or divorce and be able to process the emotions that come from that.
- How to identify personal strengths and challenges
- Strategies for collaborative parenting
- To create healthy boundaries for you and your children
- Identify what your child needs from you and how you can meet those needs
- How to engage in clear and effective communication
- How to implement ways to take care of yourself
- How to move forward in ways that support your own growth, strength and development
- Parents will be in small groups with other individuals on their own recovery journey.
- Parents will leave with tools to support collaborative parenting and enhanced communication.
- Parents will receive lots of tools and resources to continue their path of strength building and self-discovery.
- Parents will learn how to support their children through this process in a way that optimizes their development and self-regulation.
- Great opportunity to make new connections.
When and where is it offered?
Dates: Wednesdays, April 28 – June 16, 2021
Format: ONLINE. All sessions will be hosted online through the Zoom platform.
Cost: Free! Thanks to generous funding from Edmonton Community Foundation we are pleased to offer this session free of charge to participants.
Starfish Family Resources is a non-profit charity that is working hard to develop programs and services to support families experiencing divorce and separation in Alberta. Participants are invited to make a donation if they are able to do so. Any financial support allows our team to continue to offer programs like the Next Chapter to parents and families across the province.