The Next Chapter
Divorce may be common but knowing what to do through a divorce is not! For example, did you know that the experience of divorce is shown to be one of the largest life transitions we can encounter? Where do you go for you, when you don’t know what to do?
Recognizing that parents needs more support throughout the process of divorce, Starfish Family Resources is proud to offer an 8 week peer led, interactive program, The Next Chapter. During the 8 weeks parents will explore their own grief & loss processing, build their communication capacities and learn from each other the ways in which they can find hope in the restructuring of their families. Through the lens of children’s developmental needs, parents will learn the ways in which they can best love and support their children through this transition! Along the way parents will rediscover their hidden strengths, unpack beliefs which no longer serve them and realize that they are not alone.
Who Can Attend?
Any parent who has experienced a divorce or separation. While this program can be beneficial for both partners, we suggest that former partners do not attend in the same group cohort to allow for individual experience and growth.
What will it cost?
The entire 8 week program is FREE thanks to donations from our community. If you are able to donate, we appreciate the support to continue to develop and deliver innovative programs for families who have gone through divorce or separation.
What is the program delivery model?
This program is delivered online only at this time. Participants are required to have access to a computer with video capability and a reliable internet connection.
What will you learn?
- How to explore your own losses emerging from separation or divorce and be able to process the emotions that come from that.
- How to identify personal strengths and challenges
- Strategies for collaborative parenting
- To create healthy boundaries for you and your children
- Identify what your child needs from you and how you can meet those needs
- How to engage in clear and effective communication
- How to implement ways to take care of yourself
- How to move forward in ways that support your own growth, strength and development
- Parents will be in small groups with other individuals on their own recovery journey.
- Parents will leave with tools to support collaborative parenting and enhanced communication.
- Parents will receive lots of tools and resources to continue their path of strength building and self-discovery.
- Parents will learn how to support their children through this process in a way that optimizes their development and self-regulation.
- Great opportunity to make new connections.