The Next Chapter
So you’ve completed Parenting After Separation… now what?
Recognizing that parents need more support and opportunities to connect throughout the process of divorce, Starfish Family Resources is proud to offer an 8 week peer led, interactive program: The Next Chapter. During the 8 weeks parents will explore their own grief & loss processing, build their communication capacities and learn from each other the ways in which they can find hope in the restructuring of their families. Through the lens of children’s developmental needs, parents will learn the ways in which they can best love and support their children through this transition! Along the way parents will rediscover their hidden strengths, unpack beliefs which no longer serve them and realize that they are not alone.
Take the time to process your own emotions related to your divorce to help get you from the feelings to the action stage of your family restructuring. You can’t be the best parent or co-parent to your children until you’ve taken care of yourself. Let us help.
Who Can Attend?
Any parent in Alberta who has experienced a divorce or separation. While this program can be beneficial for both partners, we suggest that former partners do not attend in the same group cohort to allow for individual experience and growth.
What will it cost?
The entire 8 week program is just $99.00. For half the price of a one hour counselling session you have access to 16 hours of facilitated peer support and researched based curriculum that works. The Next Chapter empowers and equips you with the tools to heal and move forward, while reducing the negative impacts of divorce on your children.
What is the program delivery model?
This program is delivered online or in-person for Edmonton and area parents at this time. Participants registering for an online cohort are required to have access to a computer with video capability and a reliable internet connection. In-person sessions have ample space for distancing and abide by current public health guidelines for participant safety.
What will you learn?
- How to explore your own losses emerging from separation or divorce and be able to process the emotions that come from that.
- How to identify personal strengths and challenges
- Strategies for collaborative parenting
- To create healthy boundaries for you and your children
- Identify what your child needs from you and how you can meet those needs
- How to engage in clear and effective communication
- How to implement ways to take care of yourself
- How to move forward in ways that support your own growth, strength and development
- Parents will be in small groups with other individuals on their own recovery journey.
- Parents will leave with tools to support collaborative parenting and enhanced communication.
- Parents will receive lots of tools and resources to continue their path of strength building and self-discovery.
- Parents will learn how to support their children through this process in a way that optimizes their development and self-regulation.
- Great opportunity to make new connections.